Template:Stub Fame and Infamy are statistics on your character summary page, which are a measure of how well known your character is for performing heroic or dastardly deeds. Many quests, in particular the main story line, raise fame by a few points.
Also at very high infamy eg. above 600 Infamy, marauders and bandits will stop fighting you and greet you like any other NPC in the game. This can be quite useful for quickly going through forts and ayleid ruins.
But there is the exception of Orc Marauders which will attack you if you have any fame. regardless of your infamy.
|Deliver the Amulet||1|
|Find the Heir||0|
|Breaking the Siege of Kvatch||1|
|The Battle for Castle Kvatch||1|
|The Path of Dawn||1|
|Blood of the Daedra||1|
|Allies for Bruma||up to 7|
|The Wayward Knight (not main quest)||1 or 2|
|Blood of the Divines (not main quest)||2|
|Defense of Bruma||1|
|Light the Dragonfires||3|
|Imperial Dragon Armor||0|
- You gain a fame point for each city you get to send help in Allies for Bruma.
- In The Wayward Knight you earn 2 points if Farwil Indarys escapes the Plane of Oblivion alive. Otherwise you earn only 1 point.
Note that you may lose fame points or gain Infamy points if a quests NPC dies prematurely or another condition is not met. See Infamy for details.
|Anvil||The Siren's Deception||1||Premature death of a Siren|
|Bravil||Through A Nightmare, Darkly||1||Quest NPC dies while the quest is active|
|Bravil||Caught in the Hunt||1||Quest NPC dies prematurely|
|Bruma||A Brotherhood Betrayed||1||Quest NPC dies prematurely, or Raynil Dralas escapes|
|Cheydinhal||Corruption and Conscience||1||Ulrich Leland is killed by player|
|Cheydinhal||The Wayward Knight||2||Farwil Indarys is killed by the player in the Cheydinhal Oblivion gate.|
|Chorrol||Sins of the Father||1||Selling the Honorblade of Chorrol to Fathis Ules.|
|Imperial City||Order of the Virtuous Blood||1||Player chooses to kill Roland Jenseric.|
|Dark Brotherhood||---||20||Completing Dark Brotherhood faction quests gives Infamy points|
|Thieves Guild||---||1||Joining the Thieves Guild|
|Thieves Guild||---||2||Each rank gained in the Thieves Guild results in additional infamy points|
|Thieves Guild||---||10||Attaining the rank of Guildmaster in the Thieves Guild|
|Deepscorn Hollow (Plug-in)||---||1||Every time your Dark Minion returns having successfully murdered someone. Can be done repeatedly.|
|Unearthing Mehrunes Razor (Plug-in)||---||4||After consuming the Beating Heart.|
- NOTE: Table from UESP.
You can avoid Infamy by committing crimes with no witnesses, but Infamy can be gained by accidentally attacking allies.
Removing your infamyEdit
By completing the Pilgrimage you can reset your infamy to 0. This can be completed any time as long as the user has either the standard PS3 version or Knights of the Nine (Plug-in) or the Knights of the Nine (Expansion).
Guilds & DaedraEdit
- Fighters Guild. Every quest for the Fighters Guild earns you a fame point, excluding the last three from Modryn Oreyn. Total Fame Points = 16.
- Mages Guild. Like the Fighters Guild you get a single point for all quests, however once again there are some exceptions. Giving the book to Teekeeus before Earana will earn you two points instead of just one. You get an additional fame point for completing Join the Mages Guild. Two points for A Mage's Staff and three points for Confront the King. Total Fame Points = 23.
- Arena. A point for every match and 10 points for the Championship match against Agronak gro-Malog. Total Fame Points = 31.
- Thieves Guild Upon joining the Thieves Guild you will gain an infamy point. You shall also gain two every time you advance a rank and ten once you become the Gray Fox. Total Infamy Points = 22+.
- Dark Brotherhood Once you complete the Dark Brotherhood, you gain twenty infamy points. Total Infamy Points = 20+.
- Daedric Quests Every time you are given one of the Daedric artifacts by the Daedric Lords, except Namira, you gain a fame point. Total Fame Points = 14.
- Oblivion Gates You gain one or two fame points for every gate of oblivion that you shut. Total Fame Points = There are 50 Oblivion Gates, the number of points can vary from 50-100 or more.