After discovering that the Amulet of Kings was taken by the Mythic Dawn during the assault on Weynon Priory, Jauffre wants you to meet with Baurus in Imperial City to help find the location of the Amulet of Kings.
Meet up with Baurus at Luther Broad's Boarding House to get leads on the location of the Amulet of Kings. When you first meet up with Baurus, Baurus suspects someone is following him. Follow Baurus and you will eventually have to kill the man who was spying on him.
Speaking to Tar-MeenaEdit
The secret of this cult lies within the four commentaries on the Mysterium Xarxes written by Mankar Camoran. You will need to obtain all four copies. Tar-Meena gives you the second volume, Mythic Dawn Commentaries 2.
The third volume, Mythic Dawn Commentaries 3, can be obtained from persuading Phintias at the First Edition bookstore to give his only copy to you by repeatedly asking him about it. Eventually he will sell it to you for 100 . You will need to wait for the original buyer, Gwinas, to question him about his interest in the cult.
A cheaper option is to wait in the bookstore until Gwinas arrives to claim the book. Follow Gwinas out of the store and talk to him about the book. Ask Gwinas about the "Mythic Dawn" and tell him that he's "in way over his head". (You may want to raise his disposition before starting the conversation.) Let him know that the cult is responsible for the murder of the Emperor. Gwinas will panic and give you the book, as well as a note directing you on how to meet "The Sponsor".
A Third option is to steal the book, it is kept in a chest near Phintias with a lock so a few lockpicks will be required for this method.
Of course, you can always kill Gwinas. Follow him from the book store, let him go to sleep in his hotel room (he lives at the Tiber Septim Hotel), pick his lock and kill him.Then you are free to take the book and te letter from the sponsor. Free of charge, which is good.
The fourth volume, Mythic Dawn Commentaries 4, can only be obtained from the meeting with "The Sponsor."
Meeting with The SponsorEdit
You need to go and see Baurus once you have obtained the 3rd volume. However he will find you eventually saying 'You are a hard man to track down'.
He asks you to follow him into the sewers. He knows them well and he leads you to the Elven Gardens District to a sewer entrance.
As you walk through the sewers you will be attacked by mud crabs, rats and goblins. Depending on your level Baurus can be knocked unconcious by the goblins who are also levelled up, so you do need to help. He heals himself outside the final room.
Baurus says he will face the Sponsor and you should watch upstairs.
There are a variety of options here
a) You can insist that you will face the Sponsor and Baurus goes upstairs. Once sitting down on the chair at the table the main guy walks in and tells you about the cult. After a moment two other cult members walk in upstairs and see Baurus. A fight ensues. The first cult member has a good ring on him and if Baurus lives he says he will see you at Cloud Ruler Temple.
b) You can instead choose to go upstairs while Baurus sits across from the Sponsor. This method grants you more of a "surprise attack" option, as the two guards approach you and see you. The same fight will ensue.
c) You can choose to go upstairs while Baurus sits across from the Sponsor. Immediately after going into the room jump down and stealth in the shadows, the cult will eventually recognize Baurus, run down, and kill him. After they do that the Sponsor just stands there, free to be pick pocketed of the book and ring.
d) You can pick-pocket the book from the sponsor. If you do this Baurus will call off the meeting early and both of you can leave un-harmed.
If Baurus survives, next time you'll meet him at the Cloud Ruler Temple he'll provide you with some training that will increase your blade skill.
Deciphering the four volumesEdit
All four volumes collectively contain the clue on finding the Mythic Dawn's secret shrine. Tar-Meena will take a few days to decipher the information - "Green Emperor Way Where Tower Touches Midday Sun" (or you can solve it yourself by looking at the first letter in each paragraph in all four volumes).
Travel to Green Emperor Way and look for the Tomb of Prince Camarril. The tomb is between the exits to Talos Plaza and Temple District - it's the large circular tomb there. Between 11:45am and 12:30pm, a map will glow red on the stone. Examine it and the quest will be updated. It is a map to the Mythic Dawn's Dagon Shrine and you will begin the next quest.
After discovering that the Amulet of Kings was taken by the Mythic Dawn:
- I should speak to Jauffre about how to recover the Amulet from the enemy.
After speaking to Jauffre:
- Jauffre wants me to contact Baurus at Luther Broad's Boarding House in the Imperial City. The enemy has the Amulet of Kings, and Baurus may have the leads we need to get it back.
After speaking to Baurus the first time:
- I must follow the man who is watching Baurus and me.
After killing the enemy spy:
- The enemy agent who attacked Baurus is dead. I should find out what Baurus has learned about our enemies.
After retrieving the Mythic Dawn Commentaries 1 book from the dead enemy agent:
- I have found a strange book about the Mythic Dawn cult. I should show this to Baurus.
After showing the book to Baurus and gathering more information:
- Baurus has learned that the enemy is a secret cult of Mehrunes Dagon worshippers known as the Mythic Dawn. He will continue to track down agents in the Imperial City. I should talk to Tar-Meena at the Arcane University, an expert in daedric cults. She may be able to tell me more about how to find the Mythic Dawn.
After first speaking with Tar-Meena:
- Tar-Meena told me that Mankar Camoran is the leader of the Mythic Dawn. Tar-Meena believes that the location of their secret shrine is hidden within Mankar Camoran's books about the Mysterium Xarxes. If I want to locate the Mythic Dawn, I must find and decipher the clues in all four volumes.
After speaking with Phintias in First Edition:
- Phintias, the bookseller at First Edition, has told me that he has a copy of Volume 3 of Mankar Camoran's "Commentaries on the Mysterium Xarxes" locked away. He is holding it for a client named Gwinas who has already paid for it. I need to get that book, and find out why Gwinas wanted it.
After speaking to Gwinas about the Mythic Dawn:
- Gwinas told me that Volume 4, the last book I need, can only be given to you by a member of the Mythic Dawn. He had set p a meeting with one, whom he called "The Sponsor". He was to go alone and sit at the table in the Sunken Sewer beneath the Imperial City. I will go and take that meeting instead, but should find Baurus first.
After showing Tar-Meena the books and speaking with her:
- Tar-Meena says that Mankar Camoran hid a message within his writings, so only the "enlightened ones" could join him and the Mythic Dawn. I should study these books some more.
Returning after a day or so after Tar-Meena is given time to think about the books:
- Tar-Meena thinks using the first letter of each paragraph in the books may reveal a message. I need to keep looking and see where this leads.
The message that Tar-Meena discovered:
- Tar-Meena has discovered the message in the books: "Green Emperor Way Where Tower Touches Midday Sun". I should go to Green Emperor Way by the Imperial Tower and see what can be found.