Two days after the Legacy Lost quest, a Dunmer named Fathis Ules will approach you in Chorrol. He'll tell you that Albert Jemane, Reynald Jemane and Guilbert Jemane's father, stole a valuable item from the Thieves Guild many years ago. He will offer to pay you well to return this item to him in Chorrol. Fathis believes it's now hidden inside of Redguard Valley Cave, which he will mark on your map.
Head to Redguard Valley Cave and proceed inside. Fight your way through the enemies that inhabit the place.
You need to retrieve the Honorblade of Chorrol from the Ogre Chieftain. However, due to nature of the item, you think someone at Castle Chorrol would be anxious to have this back. You need to decide whether to sell the weapon to Fathis or return it to the Castle. The best is to return it to the castle, even if dont want the shield. The shield is highly valvue thanks to it reflectie damage and Will be able to sell for more gold than Fathis Ules will give.
Returning the Honorblade to the castleEdit
Return the blade to Laythe Wavrick, Herald to the Countess of Chorrol. In gratitude, he will reward you with the Escutcheon of Chorrol, an item only bestowed to the most honored heroes. You should go speak to the Jemane brothers at Weatherleah about what has happened.
Show the reward given to you by Laythe Wavrick to Guilbert Jemane. He will be saddened to hear his father was actually a master thief, but will be happy that the Honorblade of Chorrol was returned to Castle Chorrol where it belongs. He will reward you with a personal keepsake (4 grand soul gems) as thanks for righting one of his family's past wrongs.
Note: If you choose to return the sword to its rightful owners, Fathis will not fence for you when you join the Thieves Guild (he is the final fence and has 1500 available). It is unconfirmed whether his lack of fencing ability is actually caused by this quest, or simply a bug.
Note 2: It is possible to get the weapon back by stealing it back from the countess. It can be pickpocketed from her while she is asleep and she will have the weapon with her. If you take the weapon, it will still be a quest item, and it is undroppable and you cannot give it to Fathis Ules. However, when she's sitting on the throne she doesn't have it. In addition, after stealing the weapon it is possible to remove your bounty by paying a fine and possibly going to jail, as due to it still been a quest item the sword can't be removed. This means that when the guards try to confiscate the stolen items in your inventory, they will be unable to remove the weapon.
Note 3: You can immediately (do not leave the menu after you give him the sword, or he'll walk away) buy the sword back from Fathis if you wish, although he charges you more for it than he gave you as a reward. You can not give it to the rightful owners afterward, either.
Returning the honorblade to Fathis UlesEdit
If you choose to give the sword to Fathis, you will get paid 700-3,000 septim (depending on your level), but will not receive any reward from Guilbert. Guilbert will actually be angry at you for trying to call his father a thief.
Keeping the blade for yourselfEdit
You also have the option to keep the blade yourself, which may be useful for newer players due to the fact that it doesn't weigh anything, and it is not enchanted, meaning it can be repaired by yourself without being a Journeyman armorer.
After being approached by Fathis Ules:
- A Dunmer named Fathis Ules has told me that Albert Jemane, Reynald and Guilbert's father, stole a valuable item from the Thieves Guild many years ago. He's offered to pay me well to return this item to him in Chorrol. Fathis believes it's now hidden inside of Redguard Valley Cave, which he's marked on my map.
Arriving at the cave:
- I've arrived at the entrance to Redguard Valley Cave. I should proceed inside.
After retrieving the Honorblade of Chorrol:
- I've retrieved the Honorblade of Chorrol from the Ogre Chieftan. This has to be the item Fathis was seeking. However, due to the nature of the item, I think someone at Castle Chorrol would be anxious to have this back. I need to decide whether to sell the weapon to Fathis, or return it to the Castle.
If you decide to return the blade to the Castle:
- I've returned the sword to Laythe Wavrick, Herald to the Countess of Chorrol. In gratitude, he's rewarded me with the Escutcheon of Chorrol, an item only bestowed to the most honored of heroes. I should go speak to the Jemane brothers about what's happened.
After returning to Guilbert Jemane with the reward from the Castle (Escutcheon of Chorrol):
- I've shown the reward given to me by Laythe Wavrick to Guilbert Jemane. He was saddened to hear that his father was actually a master thief, but was happy that the Honorblade was returned to Castle Chorrol where it belongs. He rewarded me with a personal keepsake as thanks for righting one of his family's past wrongs.
If you decide to give the sword to Fathis:
- I've given the sword I took from the Ogre Chieftan to Fathis, and he's paid me quite well in return. I should go speak to the Jemane brothers about what's happened.
|Previous Quest: Legacy Lost||Next Quest: None|