Unlike in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Staves are not melee weapons, but rather are magical weapons that are usually imbued with a magical attack, such as hurling out fireballs. You cannot execute sneak attacks with them. They can usually be found on conjurers and other magic-using enemies. If you participate in the later level Mages' Guild Quests you will end up picking up a lot of these off of necromancers you have slain.
You are also able to create your personal staff upon gaining access to the Arcane University. The enchantment on it is leveled. You may buy staves in the Imperial City Market District from Rindir's Staffs.
Staves sold at Rindir's Staffs:
|Lesser Staff of Telekinesis||Staff||10||10 ft. Telekinesis for 20 secs.|
|Staff of Fire||Staff||10||80 pts. Fire damage on Target|
|Staff of Light||Staff||10||40 ft. Light for 60 secs.|
Other significant stavesEdit
- Staff of Worms – The King of Worms', Mannimarco's Staff (Reanimate bodies for 30 secs.)
- Wabbajack – Transforms the target into another random creature
- Staff of Indarys – A staff with leveled effects.
- Hrormir's Icestaff – A staff reserved for the Arch-Mage.
- Sanguine Rose – Summons a random daedra
- Mankar camoran's staff – Shock damage and disintegrate armour.
- Staff of the Everscamp – Automatically summons Everscamps to follow the owner.