Steel armor is one step up from Iron Armor in quality, performance, and price. It's also a mantle used to display the superior rank of seasoned legionnaires belonging to the Fighters Guild. You can find your own set of steel armor beginning at level three.
|Armor Piece||Base Value||Weight||Max. Armor|
Notes: "Base Value" refers to the actual value without mercantile or disposition affecting it. "Max. Armor" refers to the maximum amount of armor the piece can provide, assuming maximum stats and skill.
The following list shows places you can find a full set, or near-full set, of steel armor:
- Most armor-only shops in the game.
- At the Gatekeeper in the beginning of The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles expansion, the four people he kills have full sets of steel armor. These Steel Armors can be obtained without any risk as early as level 1.
- Lord Kelvyn, a person added in Fighter's Stronghold, he wears a full set excluding helm and shield.
- In the company offices of the Fighters Guild in Anvil, you can find steel boots and greaves.
- Head to the Leyawiin Fighters Guild, second floor. There is a full set, excluding the shield and gauntlets. Oddly you will find the two missing armor pieces replaced with iron armor instead.
- In the Cheydinhal Oblivion Gate during the main quest line.